As we continue on our journey back to "normal” New Cut (EPC) has come back together in person each Sunday at 11AM for worship service. We will not have Sunday School classes until further notice, but we have resumed 7:00 PM Wednesday night Bible study in the Sunday School area each with social distance in-person and Zoom virtual sessions. Please send email to "Newcuttreasurer@comporium.net" if you do not receive the Zoom link by noon each Wednesday.
In an effort to comply with CDC guidelines for safety, the following list of precautions were put in place:
The sanctuary was professionally sanitized.
All items (hymnals/Bibles) have been removed from the pews so songs and scripture will be projected during the service.
Restrooms are available, but the water fountain will not be available for use.
Bulletins are mailed to the membership and available for visitors .
The membership is asked to comply with social distancing and mask guidelines, if social distancing is not possible. Masks are not required if you can maintain distance from others.
We will have the offering plate in the foyer for you to deposit tithe/offering/JOY missions.
Communion will be observed using "COVID-19 safe communion elements.
For those with added risk factors, please feel free to step out prior to the postlude.
Matthew 6:28-30 (NASB)
28 And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which
is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much
more clothe you? You of little faith!
Like the flowers of the fields in Israel that bring beauty and life to their surroundings. As we return to our in-person worship services (11PM each Sunday) this shows that God is in control, even thru this Covid 19 period. He planted the seeds for His kingdom at New Cut and as He provided the water and nutrition to His Church, we will watch with wonder as His beautiful work blooms into New Cut church. Join us each week as we worship His work and learn the Word of God.
As Evangelical Presbyterians, we believe in the Essentials of Our Faith:
All Scripture is self-attesting and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God’s redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation we affirm these Essentials:
1. We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To Him be all honor, glory and praise forever!
2. Jesus Christ, the living Word, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
3. The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
4. Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifies them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
5. The true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity and the sacraments are administered in their integrity; where scriptural discipline is practiced, and where loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
6. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth—personally, visibly, and bodily—to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. “Even so, come, Lord Jesus” (Revelation 22:20).
7. The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to “Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.” He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them” (Ephesians 2:10).
These Essentials are set forth in greater detail in the Westminster Confession of Faith.